Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tea Party 2008

Today I had the opportunity of attending a Tea Party in Salt Lake. I had no idea what it would be like but I knew that it was something I wanted to participate in. I have been very frustrated with the actions of the government for quite sometime but felt that there was nothing I could do about it. Yes, I sent emails to the president and the congressmen from my area but I don’t have any faith that they were read and I am just one woman so who cares. At the tea party, I found that there are many, many Americans that feel the same way as I, and want to see changes made. This is a history making movement that will make a change. Will it happen overnight? No! It will, however, drive changes that need to be made.

This country was founded on principles of freedom from Tyranny and oppression. In the Declaration of Independence you will find the following statement: “We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and pursuit of Happiness . . . . . . . . . . .That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Goverment . . . .”

This is the point we are at in our nation. In order to change our government, we will need to vote out all the existing Congressional people and put new blood in. We need to bring back the “Creator” into all aspects of life. It doesn’t matter what one calls their Higher Being, it matters that we give him the credit for the many blessings we have in this country. This country is the “promised land” that the Bible talks about. How is it that we can allow it to be destroyed? How is it that we can allow our President be ashamed to be an American? How is it that we can allow our President to disrespect our country when traveling abroad? How is it that we can allow our Government to think that we work for them when in fact they work for us? Why is it that people want to come to this country to live because they have a chance for a better life if we are a such bad country? Why doesn’t our President defend our country?

We are not uneducated, malcontent hicks with nothing better to do with their time than demonstrate. This is what NBC, CBS and ABC are saying about the people who attended these tea parties across the nation. We are people who love our country. We are people whose ancestors fought and died for our freedoms. We are people who want the opportunity to take care of our selves, make our own decisions and help others without the intervention of the government. We DON’T want to sit on our rumps and let the government support us and tell us how to live.

My dad and grandpa and great grandpa and on and on would have been proud of my brother, sister, niece and her husband , and I today.

No comments:

Post a Comment